Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Smell of Burning / Thursday Evening Walk

There's a fire going on south of the city. It's behind the mountains to the east. It's been burning since yesterday. This morning I thought it was contained per only seeing slight smoky haze in the distance when driving down the freeway. Later in the afternoon I could see the fire was larger than yesterday. Above and to the west the sky was bright blue but you could smell the smoke in the air. In some ways it was pleasant due to reminding me of a burning fire at a campsite. It reminded me of when I went camping as a child up to Sequoia National Forest in California. Though it was a good memory I also worry now due to what this current fire is destroying and hoping no one gets injured (or worse).

Going for my walk this evening I could still smell the burning in the air. I knew taking great pictures of the mountains would not be possible since they were barely visible. I did my best and took other pictures which show a calm sunset.




No comments:

Post a Comment