Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday Evening Post Dinner Mini Adventure

We came back from my parents' house after eating a great chili dinner. They live fairly close so it didn't take too long for us to reach our home. Along the way I noticed how beautiful the clouds looked with the sun beginning to set. I asked Gwen if she wanted to take a quick trip out somewhere to take some pictures. She agreed. We got home, put our leftovers away in the refrigerator (it was just leftover dessert), grabbed our cameras and headed back out. I even kept the car running as we went inside.

We headed east / northeast on Highway 550 and drove. There aren't too many areas to stop unless you want to stop on the side of the road. Gwen wasn't too fond of the idea of stopping on the side of the road due to the danger of fast moving cars. We did find a small truck weigh station which was empty and got out for a few minutes. I took some pictures but after reviewing them when we got home I wish I would've brought my longer lens. The nice rock formations were on the other side of the road and off to the distance.

We continued on the highway and finally arrived to a small road about 35 miles from the start of our original departure location. The sun was moments from disappearing into the horizon. The clouds provided a great sight. With not much light left we got out and started firing those shots from our cameras.

I definitely want to come back to this area and continue trekking further to see what else it contains.

I want to get closer to that! Next time.



Next time we'll go down this road to see where it leads to.

My partner in crime and in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment