Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Changing the Regulator

Last year the regulator on my gas grill began to encounter problems. There were times when it would not work. It did not want to feed gas through to the burners. Funny that if left alone for a few days afterwards it would start working again. The problem is I never knew when it would not want to work.

I purchased a regulator from Amazon during that time. It arrived and I attempted to remove the old regulator. It was almost impossible to loosen it up and it was difficult to access that area where it connects to the burner.

Fast forward a year. It's getting warmer and I want to start grilling again. About a week before Memorial Day the regulator stopped working again. The Friday before the holiday it started working. Guests were coming over on Monday and I was hoping it would work. Fortunately it did. A week or so later it stopped working again.

Well, it's time to replace the regulator. I was almost tempted to buy a whole new grill but I didn't feel like throwing away money, especially by already purchasing the new regulator. This time I planned out my mission and went in making sure it was done right.



No comments:

Post a Comment