Friday, March 31, 2017

Swapped the Kraken G10 from the 980 Ti to the 1080 Ti. From 85 C down to low/mid 60's. Quieter too. Measured VRM temps, within tolerance.

The stock cooler on the GTX 1080 Ti FE is decent. Does its job. Does it have a heat issue overall? Yes. But I want things to be quieter. The prior GTX 980 Ti was cooled using a Kraken G10 bracket along with a Corsair H50/55. Since I won't be using the GTX 980 Ti anymore I took off this cooler and placed back its original reference cooler. Removing the cooler on the GTX 1080 Ti was more work than its predecessor, more screws to take out and the thermal pads and grease in certain areas were a new challenge to me. At the end the swap worked out well. Temperatures are a lot lower while under full load. I did use a laser thermometer to measure the temperatures especially for the VRM's. Everything is good and I have the ability to manually control the fan speed for the AIO cooler as well as the fan which sits underneath the VRM's.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2ol8XbW


No comments:

Post a Comment