Friday, March 31, 2017

Ascension

The wait is over! I was impressed when the GTX 1080 launched last year. Those benchmark and test numbers were amazing compared to the prior GTX 900 series GPU's especially the GTX 980 Ti which is what was in my system. But I told myself to hold off even though it was tempting. Near the end of 2016 and very early 2017 I almost went with the GTX 1080. Had to keep telling myself to be patient. The Ti model will be coming, have patience. As more information started to come out I began to feel hopeful. At the same time I was wondering if AMD's Vega would outperform the GTX 1080 Ti. Finally, information for the GTX 1080 Ti began to pour out all over the web. The numbers were astronomical! At that point I had a feeling Vega would not be as strong and most likely a competitor to the GTX 1080. So now it was a matter of being able to purchase this thing. Everywhere I went it was sold out or backordered. I checked amazon.com and saw they were sold out. The only ones available were from amazon sellers who were greedy and marked up the price by a big amount. I left the site and came back about fifteen minutes later and saw it was available directly from amazon. Purchased it with amazon stating it would ship first week of April. I was okay with that. Paid the retail price, not the markup price like from other sellers. Then later in the day I noticed the invoice was updated to where amazon states the item would ship a lot sooner. And here we are:

via Instagram http://ift.tt/2oh5POj

No comments:

Post a Comment